Tuition Waiver Program
Established in 2012, nine participating colleges and universities in Manitoba have each established a fund to support current and former youth in care. The purpose of the fund is to provide the opportunity for current and former youth in Child and Family Services care in Manitoba to attend post-secondary education. Tuition Waiver students who are on Agreements with Young Adults (AYAs) or former youth in care may be eligible for Living Supports through Skills and Employment Partnerships to cover the costs of books and supplies and a regular biweekly living allowance.
1. Be a current or former youth-in-care in Manitoba (no age requirement)
2. Meet the regular program admission requirements and have applied directly to the college or university
3. Be applying for full-time studies (at least 18 credit hours per year)
4. UM, UW, USB, and Booth Applicants - must demonstrate financial need
1. Maintain a 2.0 GPA (C)
2. Maintain full-time student status (at least 18 credit hours/year or 60% course load)
3. UM, UW, USB, and Booth Applicants - must continue to demonstrate financial need
4. Maintain continued contact with Futures Forward, your post-secondary institution, and your Career Development Consultant (CDC)
Futures Forward provides assistance with education planning and transitional supports to post-secondary. We can help you navigate program options, apply to school, and apply for various funding options including tuition waivers.
To schedule a phone, video or in-person appointment, contact:
EDUCATION OUTREACH COORDINATOR: Sam Olea
(204) 987-8661 x 672 |
TUITION WAIVER COORDINATOR: Laura-Lynne Hildebrand
(204) 987 8661 x 671 |
For other sources to fund your education, check out our scholarship guide.
Tuition Waiver Information Sessions
February 16 at 2:00pm
January 26 at 6:00pm
Learn about bursary opportunities for current and former youth in care. Are you planning to go to school next year? Supporting youth from care? Join us for a one-hour webinar where we will help you navigate various funding options available for your post-secondary education.
Learn more about the Tuition Waiver program, and other funding opportunities
Find out about what supports Futures Forward offers
Hear from a current student about their experience
Gain new resources and tips for your post-secondary planning
Information Sessions are free to attend - all are welcome. The webinars will be hosted via Zoom – all you need is a computer, tablet or smart phone with audio capabilities. If you don't have any of these devices, you can alternatively call in and listen. We will email you all the information once you register! Anyone that attends an info session will also be entered to win some Futures Forward swag!
2021-2022 applications are available now!
Tuition Waiver Application Forms
Deadline: March 31 of each year
For questions or to schedule an appointment, please complete the form below:
2021-2022 Tuition Waiver Applications will be are available now and
due March 31 of each year.